By Rob Brooks-Bilson
ColdFusion has loved common use between builders as a strong, easy-to-learn platform for developing and deploying dynamic internet functions. ColdFusion's uncomplicated, tag-based language makes it effortless to address simple projects, like processing shape info and querying databases, however the language is usually strong sufficient to carry hugely scalable, strong purposes. And now that Macromedia has built-in ColdFusion into its MX relations of applied sciences, ColdFusion is able to interacting with Flash MX purposes, which opens up much more possibilities.
The first variation of this ebook has been praised as "the most sensible reference publication on hand at the subject." This new version, Programming ColdFusion MX, second version, is going even extra, documenting new options for utilizing ColdFusion MX 6.1 to strengthen and serve dynamic website content material. This exhaustive consultant covers every little thing from the fundamentals to complex themes, with quite a few examples for you to use in your personal functions. Contents include:
* Sharing software facts utilizing the net software framework and shared scope variables
* gaining access to databases, preserving database files, and complicated database strategies reminiscent of drill-down queries, question caching, and question of queries
* Integrating purposes with ColdFusion MX's new protection framework
* Interacting with different information resources, together with LDAP directories, e mail servers, and different internet servers
* Extending ColdFusion with user-defined features (UDFs), customized tags, and ColdFusion elements (CFCs)
* complex themes akin to operating with XML, eating and generating net providers, and integrating ColdFusion with Flash through Flash Remoting
* Reference fabric for all of the tags and services that include CFML, the ColdFusion Markup Language
Programming ColdFusion MX, second version, covers ColdFusion MX 6.1, the most recent free up of ColdFusion, and is jam-packed with complex thoughts, insider tricks, information, and methods for growing powerful net functions. when you are a ColdFusion developer, you would like this e-book that will help you take advantage of out of ColdFusion MX.
Read or Download Programming ColdFusion MX (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar programming books
As programmers, we’ve all visible resource code that’s so grotesque and buggy it makes our mind discomfort. during the last 5 years, authors Dustin Boswell and Trevor Foucher have analyzed 1000's of examples of "bad code" (much of it their very own) to figure out why they’re undesirable and the way they can be stronger.
Due to the fact that its first quantity in 1960, Advances in pcs has awarded special assurance of ideas in and software program and in computing device concept, layout, and functions. It has additionally supplied contributorswith a medium within which they could study their matters in better intensity and breadth than that allowed by means of commonplace magazine articles.
This 3rd variation introduces the newest concept and purposes in optimization. It emphasizes restricted optimization, starting with linear programming after which continuing to convex research, community flows, integer programming, quadratic programming, and convex optimization. You’ll find a host of functional company purposes in addition to non-business functions.
- Visualizing Information with Microsoft® Office Visio® 2007 by McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1 edition
- Programming Symposium: Proceedings, Colloque sur la Programmation Paris, April 9–11, 1974
- Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
- Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization: 4th International IPCO Conference Copenhagen, Denmark, May 29–31, 1995 Proceedings
Extra resources for Programming ColdFusion MX (2nd Edition)
New(self) The first thing we do in our initializer is make a call to super( ). This step is very important. Calling super( ) explicitly runs the initializer in our inherited class (Qt::Widget in this case). Setup code defined within our base class initializer will only be executed with a call to Note: Supplying the argument list to super( ) is optional in super( ). Ruby, as long as the superclass has the same argument list We also create some child widgets in our MyWidget class. In this case, as the subclass.
Child_3 would also be destroyed, since its parent, child_1, was destroyed. Why parents and children? You may be wondering the logic behind having to specify a parent when creating a new instance of a widget. It turns out that this The parent/child model allows us to create objects and then methodology fits the GUI model very well. not worry about their ownership. After creation, QtRuby The common convention is to have one top level widget for the appli- handles all of the details for us. cation of which all the other widgets are children or grandchildren (or great grandchildren.
A widget whose signal has been activated is said to be emitting its signal. Usually, signals are emitted when a very simple event has occured, such as the clicking of a button. Most widgets emit multiple types of signals to inform other widgets that an event has occurred. 9, on the next page). Some signals convey all of their information within their names. Losing focus means that the mouse was clicked elsewhere in the application or a keyboard shortcut was used that gave another widget the focus The returnPressed( ) signal from the Qt::LineEdit, for example, explains exactly what happened (the return key was pressed) when that signal is emitted.
Programming ColdFusion MX (2nd Edition) by Rob Brooks-Bilson