By Jesse C. DeLee MD, David Drez Jr. MD, Mark D. Miller MD
This is the hot variation of the must-have reference in activities medication! protecting all athletes from little ones to adults, this 2-volume reference explores the prognosis and remedy of the total spectrum of sports-related accidents, education, scientific problems, and the fundamental sciences. It presents the main clinically concentrated, accomplished counsel to be had in any unmarried resource, with contributions from the main revered professionals within the field.
- Features thoroughly modern assurance of surgical ideas · viral illness · closed chain and open chain workout · issues of the disabled athlete · head accidents · and more.
- Includes over 1900 really good illustrations-clarifying key strategies, diagnostic landmarks, and operative techniques.
- Includes new chapters exploring well timed subject matters corresponding to the position of the group health practitioner · leisure drug use · SLAP lesions · anterior knee discomfort and subluxation · tendinopathies within the knee · a number of ligament accidents to the knee · bracing of the knee · knee alternative · heel soreness · and more.
- Integrates insurance of the pediatric athlete (information formerly provided in a separate volume)-to surround the whole variety of power activities drugs patients.
- Contains elevated fabric on imaging throughout-promoting higher, less costly care.
- Explores new surgical fabrics and instrumentation, in addition to the most up-tp-date rehabilitation concepts.
- Presents extended discussions of non-orthopaedic sports-related stipulations.
With 210 extra individuals
Read or Download Delee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Principles and Practice (2 Volume Set) PDF
Best sports medicine books
This new quantity within the Encyclopaedia of activities drugs sequence, released lower than the auspices of the foreign Olympic Committee, presents a state-of-the- paintings account of the epidemiology of damage throughout a wide spectrum of Olympic activities. The booklet makes use of the general public healthiness version in describing the scope of the damage challenge, the linked threat components, and in comparing the present learn on harm prevention innovations defined within the literature.
''Nutrition for severe Athletes combines the most recent study and the learning stories of most sensible athletes to supply specified consuming plans for energy, energy, and persistence activities. ''--Jacket.
Written via the world's major shoulder surgeons, this quantity bargains much-needed information on dealing with advanced and revision difficulties that can't be solved via commonplace therapy formulation. The authors current profitable methods with illustrative case examples, emphasizing avoidance of universal pitfalls and administration of problems.
- Fluid balance, hydration, and athletic performance
- Women in Sport: Volume VIII of the Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine, An IOC Medical Committee Publication
- Nutritional Assessment of Athletes
- Drugs in Sport
Extra resources for Delee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Principles and Practice (2 Volume Set)
Stanley MD East Oklahoma Orthopaedic Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma Preparticipation Evaluation of the Young Athlete Enrico J. Stazzone MD Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Carrie Tingley Hospital, Albuquerque, New Mexico Physeal Injuries in Young Athletes Kevin L. Stevenson MD Chief Resident, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Pediatric Sports-Related Head Injuries J. Andy Sullivan MD Professor and Don H. O'Donoghue Chair, Department of Orthopaedics, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Children's Hospital of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Ligament Injuries of the Foot/Ankle in the Pediatric Athlete Dean C.
Larson MD Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington Lateral and Posterolateral Instability of the Knee in Adults William C. Lauerman MD Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Georgetown University School of Medicine; Chief, Division of Spine Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, District of Columbia Sports Injuries to the Thoracolumbar Spine in Children and Adolescents Kenneth M.
Kuhn MD Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School; Team Physician, University of Michigan, and Team Physician, USA Hockey National Team Development Program, Ann Arbor, Michigan Scapulothoracic Crepitus and Bursitis in Athletes Frank A. Kulling EdD Associate Professor, School of Applied Health and Educational Psychology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma Exercise Physiology Roger V.
Delee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Principles and Practice (2 Volume Set) by Jesse C. DeLee MD, David Drez Jr. MD, Mark D. Miller MD