By Jianhua Tao, Tieniu Tan
Affective info processing is meant to provide pcs the human-like functions of statement, interpretation and iteration of have an effect on good points. it really is crucial for normal and potent human-computer interplay and has develop into a truly sizzling examine topic.
This cutting-edge quantity discusses the most recent advancements in affective info processing, and summarises the major applied sciences researched, akin to facial features attractiveness, face animation, emotional speech synthesis, clever brokers, and digital truth. The certain and available assurance features a wide selection of subject matters, together with parts which glance to problem and enhance present examine. The e-book is organised into the next themed elements to help the readers of their realizing of the sphere: Cognitive Emotion version, have an effect on in Speech, have an effect on in Face and impact in Multimodal Interaction.
Topics and Features:
• reviews at the state of the art study in affective details processing
• Summarises key applied sciences researched over the last few years, resembling affective speech processing, affective facial expressions, affective physique gesture and move, affective multi-modal structures, etc.
• bargains a foundational introductory bankruptcy that grounds readers in middle suggestions and principles
• Discusses purposes of this know-how, comparable to in schooling opposed to bullying
• offers summarising conclusions throughout
• Describes have an effect on in multimodal information
• appears to be like at cognitive emotion modelling in common language communication
• Explores emotion belief and popularity from speech, and in keeping with multimodal information
• contains face animation in response to a wide audio-visual database
• provides physiological sensing for affective computing
• Examines evolutionary expression of feelings in digital people utilizing lighting and pixels
Written to supply a chance for scientists, engineers and graduate scholars to discover the problems, suggestions and applied sciences during this fascinating new region, this ground-breaking ebook presents a accomplished assessment and demanding perception into the sector and may turn out a necessary reference device and resource.
Read or Download Affective Information Processing PDF
Similar user experience & usability books
Ambient intelligence is the imaginative and prescient of a know-how that would turn into invisibly embedded in our traditional atmosphere, current every time we want it, enabled by means of uncomplicated and easy interactions, attuned to all our senses, adaptive to clients and context-sensitive, and independent. high quality details entry and custom-made content material needs to be to be had to every person, wherever, and at any time.
Robotic manipulation is a smart problem; it encompasses versatility -adaptation to diversified situations-, autonomy -independent robotic operation-, and dependability -for luck below modeling or sensing blunders. an entire manipulation activity comprises, first, an appropriate clutch or touch configuration, and the next movement required by means of the duty.
This booklet encapsulates a few paintings performed within the DIRC undertaking taken with belief and accountability in socio-technical platforms. It brings jointly a variety of disciplinary methods - computing device technology, sociology and software program engineering - to provide a socio-technical platforms standpoint at the matters surrounding belief in expertise in advanced settings.
The hot variation of this striking booklet depicts the production of the area champion checkers laptop application, Chinook. in just years, Chinook had turn into a helpful opponent to the area champion, and inside 4 years had defeated all of the world's most sensible human avid gamers. Jonathan Schaeffer, the originator and chief of the Chinook workforce, information the errors and technical difficulties made and the teachings realized within the non-stop attempt to enhance Chinook's functionality, revealing the human issue in the back of the program’s layout.
- New Trends of Research in Ontologies and Lexical Resources: Ideas, Projects, Systems
- Understanding Augmented Reality. Concepts and Applications
- The Sense of Touch and its Rendering: Progress in Haptics Research
- Iconic Communication
- Consumer Health Informatics: New Services, Roles, and Responsibilities
- The Locales Framework: Understanding and Designing for Wicked Problems
Additional resources for Affective Information Processing
2 Affect and Emotions in Intelligent Agents: Why and How? 21 I would be the first to admit that these proposals are very vague and preliminary; they are only offered as a starting point, a way, perhaps, to think about the problem. Clearly, if they are to have any utility, they will need to be worked out in much greater detail. Thus, it should be borne in mind that they are offered as a suggested way of approaching the problem, not as a solution. Unless and until they can be specified sufficiently precisely to be formalizable, there is not much that can be done with them, but then, one has to start somewhere, and this is where I am proposing we start.
In the same section, the authors’ own formalism for emotion modeling is then introduced and compared with these models. 6, with an example of application. 7 reflects critically on the problem of cognitive–emotional inconsistency and how this may be dealt with in probabilistic models. ” In this contribution, the following aspects are considered in particular (Cowie, 2006). – Personality traits: Stable, dynamic, and organized set of characteristics of a person that uniquely influence his or her cognitions, motivations, and behaviors in various situations.
1982). Anger and aggression: An essay on emotion. New York: Springer-Verlag. Clore, G. , & Ortony, A. (2000). Cognition in emotion: Always, sometimes, or never? In L. Nadel, R. Lane, & G. L. Ahern (Eds), The cognitive neuroscience of emotion. New York: Oxford University Press. , & Clore, G. L. (2002). Attending to the big picture: Mood and global versus local processing of visual information. Psychological Science, 13, 34–40. Isen, A. , & Levin, P. F. (1972). Effect of feeling good on helping: Cookies and kindness.
Affective Information Processing by Jianhua Tao, Tieniu Tan